meltdowns

Hi, I have a daughter who is 11 yrs, and has fluctuating hearing loss along with some mental health issues. She has big meltdowns where she hits and hurts herself. She also suffers an attachment disorder to me. She has had alot of operations and visited hospitals weekly which hasnt helped. She hates school as she has fallen behind after both her special needs and all her hosp appointments. At present she has been off over Xmas break and been very low since going back to school as they are covering work on SATS and she is getting herself very very worked up over it and causing major meltdowns, does anyone have any ideas on how i can help and support her please? She is under Cahms but hasnt been much help

Comments

• Contact Moderation TeamContact Moderation Team Community Manager, Moderator

Hi @Mandarooney

We’re sorry to hear things are so difficult at the moment – but we’re really pleased you feel able to ask for support and ideas that may help.

Other community members may have similar experiences – so hopefully they will respond here with some useful advice.

The organisation Young Minds has some very helpful information and resources for both young people who have mental health issues and parents too. You can find out all about them on their website at
    https://youngminds.org.uk/

We hope this helps a little and you find the support you need here.

Take care
    Alex (Contact)

• Thank you Alex for your quick reply. I will have a look on that website. If anyone else has any advise I would be extremely grateful