Help!! School say my son is not on SEN register

Hi there. I am new here. My son is 14. Since he was 4 we have been under Camhs on and off. He is very sociable so has not got diagnosis of asd...but many professionals outside of Camhs think he has Aspergers with elements of pda. He also has a diagnosis of Sensory modulation disorder and an eating disorder.
A few weeks ago we finally got a diagnosis of ADHD...moderate to severe.
He is bright and mainly in top sets at school.
Since he started in yr 7 all teachers report inattention, distractability, lack of work, talks too much etc etc...but they just keep giving him demerits and detentions and he has been put in isolation a number of times.
I have kept in regular contact with school and they keep saying they are doing all these things to support him..but my son is still struggling.
So as soon as he got the diagnosis i contacted school and i really hoped they might have taken it seriously...but instead they put him on report...
The behaviour intervention report booklet he has been given states 2 targets..both of which are directly related to his condition. Each teacher has to make comments on it and score him 1 to 4.
The comments being made a negative and he was even given demerits yesterday for talking..so double punishment.
I am meeting with school next week and Parent Partnership are coming with me. The school are saying that adhd isnt covered by their SEN register.
My son is very fortunate that he has some good mates..some of whom also have adhd..otherwise i dont think i would be able to get him into school. Its been such a negative experience for him.
My daughter is now in 6th form. She has spd and dyspraxia and Irlen syndrome..but she is very academic and got all A*s in her GCSEs last summer. My son however only gets negative feedback from school and i have to try to pick up the pieces at home.
So glad to have found this forum.

Any advice regarding this and the meeting next week would be very welcome.
Thank you.

Comments

• Chris_ContactChris_Contact Community Manager

Hi @hevs67

Welcome to Contact's community. We hope we can help you feel at home and find others like you.

If you haven’t already, you might find it helpful to have a look at our community guidelines and FAQs, which you can find here:

https://community.cafamily.org.uk/discussion/79/our-community-guidelines

https://community.cafamily.org.uk/discussion/78/our-frequently-asked-questions-faqs

You can also join the relevant condition hub so other people with children with the same conditions can find you.

Any questions, do just drop us a private message and we’ll be happy to help.

Take care and welcome again
    Chris

• Alex_ContactAlex_Contact Moderator
    Hi @hevs67

Have you had a look at the Contact website section on Education? It might give you some useful information that could help - it also include details of our helpline as our SEN advisers would be able to give you further information about school's duties to provide the right support for children with additional needs and disabilities. Please do give them a call as they can also make sure you know about local services that are available to support families around educational issues.

The number is 0808 808 3555 and is open Monday to Friday 9.30am-5.00pm.

Hope this helps.

Take care

Alex (Contact)